Thursday, September 10, 2009

Heckler Apologizes for Outburst

Last night, Representative Joe Wilson of South Carolina apparently believed he was attending a townhall meeting on healthcare, rather than a special session of Congress. While President Obama disputed the persistent claim that healthcare reform would cover illegal immigrants, Wilson shouted "you lie." Wilson subsequently apologized, but stood by his repudiated position:

This evening I let my emotions get the best of me when listening to the President’s remarks regarding the coverage of illegal immigrants in the health care bill. While I disagree with the President’s statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the President for this lack of civility.
Awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment