Friday, September 4, 2009

Many People Said Hillary Was a "Bitch," But Change Requires Combat!

As I watch the angry right spew distortions regarding healthcare reform, I am reminded of two things from 2008.

First, I remember the battles I had with other liberals who tried unsuccessfully to convince me that Obama's victory signaled a monumental shift in national politics. It has not. And before people accuse me of being too cynical, I love to approach the world with eyes wide open. Sobriety is a good thing.

Second, I remember other liberals saying that Clinton was being "negative" (i.e., a bitch) when she belittled the almost religious embrace of change among many Obama supporters. This article from Huffington Post is a good example. At times, many of them argued that all we needed to do was elect Obama. His gentle style would persuade the electorate to accept his positions. But today, Obama's positions remain unclear on some very important issues, and conservatives, predictably, are in full opposition mode (just as liberals were during the Bush administration).

Since Obama is not inspiring liberals on healthcare reform at the moment (maybe things will change on Wednesday), enjoy the following video footage:

Clinton, Edwards and Obama Talk Healthcare (Clinton does major smackdown starting at 9:04)



Clinton Healthcare Townhall



Clinton on Fighting

No comments:

Post a Comment