Monday, March 8, 2010

Rep. Massa: Lunatic or Victim of Diabolical Plot?

Last week, Representative Eric Massa announced that he would resign from Congress. Yesterday, Massa came out swinging against Rahm Emanuel and House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, accusing them of forcing him out of Congress to eliminate a possible Democratic vote against the healthcare bill.

Massa Speaks About the Alleged Sexual Harassment
The facts in this saga are still emerging, but here are some preliminary details. Massa has admitted to making a sexually laced comment to an aide at a New Year's Eve party/wedding. Apparently, Massa made the comments after drinking massive quantities of alcohol.

Massa admits to the following exchange, which he says was recorded by cameras:
"I said goodnight to the bridesmaid,” Massa continued. “I sat down at the table where my whole staff was, all of them by the way bachelors.”

“One of them looked at me and as they would do after, I don’t know, 15 gin and tonics, and goodness only knows how many bottles of champagne, a staff member made an intonation to me that maybe I should be chasing after the bridesmaid and his points were clear and his words were far more colorful than that,” Massa said. “And I grabbed the staff member sitting next to me and said, ‘Well, what I really ought to be doing is fracking you.’ And then [I] tossled the guy’s hair and left, went to my room, because I knew the party was getting to a point where it wasn’t right for me to be there. Now was that inappropriate of me? Absolutely. Am I guilty? Yes.”
Massa says that the person to whom he made the comments did not complain of any harassment, but that another aide made an ethics complaint.

Massa Accuses Emanuel and Hoyer of Pushing Him Out of Congress
Massa accuses Emanuel and Hoyer of trying to push him out of Congress in order to eliminate a possible "no" vote on healthcare reform. Massa says that he "was set up for this from the very, very beginning. . . The leadership of the Democratic Party have become exactly what they said they were running against."

Massa was especially critical of Hoyer. He says that Hoyer has been improperly discussing the details of the ethical complaint against him before an investigation has made any findings.

Massa is either a lunatic, a victim or both.

No comments:

Post a Comment